Saturday 24 March 2012

Kissing the Blarney Stone



Okay I suppose I should be back on my way to Ireland to kiss that Blarney Stone again, because I need a refresher course.  I did that back when I was in Europe last time but I think the blarney thing wore off already.  The good memories remain however.  In case some of you do not know how you kiss the Blarney stone, I will show you.  You hang over a 300 foot drop,  you hang upside down,with a death grip on to a couple of iron bars while a handsome young Irishman  holds onto you so you don't drop over the precipice.  Then you kiss the silly rock from below.  If you don't hang on tight enough to those iron bars above you, you may fall down to the rocky ground 300 feet below.  But here is the consolation.  If you do fall, you are coming down with those Irishman's arms around you.  Even if it isn't a soft landing, it is sure to be a happy one!  As you can see in the picture, I held on tight. ( See you in Ireland!)

No comments:

Post a Comment