Friday 18 January 2013

Passions and Hobbies

Icing on the Cake

There is something to be said about "running with the pack".  I miss it, I realize.  I used to belong to Writer's Clubs, but I got so busy with other things plus the publication of my books, that I gave up the writing groups. I now realize how much I miss the camaraderie of other writers.  Oh, it's not that I don't have other friends, people I can share things with. They are special too.  But having someone with whom you can share a "special passion", those are not that plentiful.

Whether your special passion is sports, hiking, cooking, baking, painting, woodworking, collecting, reading, writing or whatever your particular hobby is -  being able to share that passion with someone that has that same interest is always gratifying and particularly rewarding.  Only someone that shares your passion can understand how you really feel. Others  just "don't get it" no matter how special a friend they are or how hard they try to empathize. My life just lacks that "icing" on the cake of life without my writing buddies. The cake itself is delicious but the icing would just add to that special appeal.
I need to rejoin my Writing Groups!

No comments:

Post a Comment