Friday 1 February 2013

Time Marches On

Wow!  February already.  Where did the time go? I have always maintained that it took me forever to get to the age of sixteen but since then I seem to be looking for those ever illusive-brakes on this vehicle that is propelling me on  a down-hill slope and TIME just refuses to heed my pleas to slow down.

Why is it that we don't appreciate time until it becomes a scarce commodity?  Now don't get me wrong.  I am retired.  I do not punch a clock, or  report for work for a 9 to 5 job or dash to classes or any such mundane inconveniences that most younger folks are subjected too.  I am supposed to be past that stage.  Frankly speaking, I'm supposed to be a master of my own destiny now.  Still I seem to be on some kind of a schedule that makes free moments difficult to find.  I always seem to have a to-do-list that I just never can make disappear.

However, unlike some people, I have never been bored, which in my mind, would be a fate far worse than having a never-ending to-do-list.  So I may as well not complain.  I am well-off!  (And by that, I do not mean money-rich!) But wouldn't it be awful to have time drag?!? That would be much harder to take than having too many goals ahead of me.  As long as I don't miss out on anything important, life is still an adventure.  So until someone delivers that old order for a 36-hour day, I will just appreciate the fact that I do have prospects for more ventures ahead and that I can at least firmly anticipate shortening my to-do-list!

No comments:

Post a Comment