Wednesday 11 April 2012

The Angels Among Us

                                         The Angels who walk among us
I had a very traumatic experience today and, to me it was extremely stressful.  I was convinced it would end tragically for me, but thanks to a couple of guardian angels that live among us, my faith in the goodness of people is restored.
I never go anywhere without my purse so I always expect to have to have something on my arm. Today, however I had a second bag that I was carrying.  Because I was in a hurry, and I already had that other bag on my arm, I forgot my purse in the bus shelter by the Westmount Mall.  I did not realise this until about 10 to 20 minutes later. In an absolute panic and fully convinced that all my important belonging would be long gone, my friend Ann drove as quickly as the traffic would allow, back to that bus stop in a vain hope that my purse would still be there.  As we drove up, two ladies were happily pointing to us obviously relieved to see me come back for the purse which they realised I'd forgotten in my hasty departure from the shelter.  Patiently, they had stood guard over it, waiting for me to come back and pick it up (as they suspected I would as soon as I missed it.) I was only able to offer them a hasty thank you as we were in a bus stop area and a bus was waiting behind us.  The kindness, patience and generosity of these women has restored my optimistic faith in our human race.  There truly are angels on this earth and they do walk among us.  I only wish I could thank them again and get to know them.  They must truly be wonderful human beings.   I am hoping that somehow they will see this or hear about this and feel my overwhelming gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment