Monday 3 March 2014

Fear: A Debilitating Enemy

 Demons  On The March

Seems my (insecurity) demons are on the march again. Ever since I was a kid,  whenever I had a problem that intimidated me, the issue would always manifest itself in bad dreams about savage bull(s) that would be charging after me.  My only means of escape was waking up - often in terror and a cold sweat!

Then somebody told me that the bulls were actually just "symbols" of my fear of some kind of authority, (possibly an "authority figure") that was intimidating me. The only way to rid myself of the bad dreams was to face my fear (tormentor) and thus vanquish those demons.

I had actually fought back (and won) once and the savage beasts  had disappeared from my dreamworld for a number of years.

Well the demons are back!  I know what the issue is that is intimidating me now, but I don't know how to fight back against this one. I know I have some options  but they all require drastic measures and I don't know if I am up to that kind of battle at this stage of my life. I know I can postpone the issue for a while but I cannot do so indefinitely.  One way or another, I have to defeat this demon of fear. I know I have to "bite the bullet",  but my "teeth" are not what they used to be.  I desperately require a major dose of unbridled courage here.

Anyone have any to spare out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment