Friday 1 March 2013

A Grand Adventure


A Grand Adventure

As I gaze across a memory
Of idealistic youthful dreams
Those hopes and aspirations
That seemed just lacking schemes

Life's easy from a childish view
From the ignorance of bliss
Accomplishments and visions
Of success seem hard to miss

But days of youth slipped by so fast
And life took a different course
And suddenly the time has gone
Like a torrent of great force.

I’ve had to change perception
And adjust to meet the strife
Directions change with circumstance
And conditions shape a life.

Some goals that I had chosen
Were not easy to attain
The dreams I thought were simple once
I cannot dream again.

But life has not been futile
It’s been shaped by every venture
It’s been a rewarding journey
An altered grand adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment